The Chin Villain

Hey guys?  Being a woman and looking gorgeous for you isn’t quite as easy as you might think.  Am I right, ladies? There is a long list of upkeep we adhere to and much to my own dismay, the older I get the more there is to maintain.

Just when I think I have the hair, the skin, the boobs, the fitness, and the make-up  in check, a new little villain shows up out of nowhere.

Ok, so imagine my horror when I am headed into a swanky restaurant to meet The Surfer, do one last glance in my rearview to make sure I don’t have the dreaded lipstick on my teeth, and I spot this 4 foot long, solitary hair poking out from my chin. Seriously, one hour ago this angry hair that’s staring back at me in the mirror wasn’t there.  I tweeze and pray more of his friends don’t show up while I am making googly eyes at my man.

Lucky for me, my newest chin resident didn’t show back up that night.  Not even for the next few weeks.  But every once in a while, the wiry, little bugger appears and he shows up out of nowhere with a vengeance. You know, as if I need one more thing to monitor in my upkeep.

What crazy changes are happening as you get older?  Certainly there are others out there that have ever growing maintenance lists, too?  Or am I the only one morphing into the fourth member of ZZ Top with this damn rogue chin hair?

7 Responses to The Chin Villain
  1. MiMi
    January 15, 2013 | 10:25 am

I have that same hair. Must be taking turns between us? Bastard!

2. Wendina M. Ubaghs
    January 15, 2013 | 10:27 am

It starts with one. Eventually more come in, but don’t worry. They all turn gray and therefore become less visible.

Happy plucking!
    girlweena

3. moooooog35
    January 15, 2013 | 10:41 am

Once a week I tweeze hair growing out of the TOP of my ears.

And then I kill myself.

4. Courtney
    January 15, 2013 | 12:49 pm

I have a small freckle (NOT a mole!) under my chin. One day a friend kindly pulled me aside and pointed out the hair growing straight out of the freckle! She was very nice about it, but I wanted to DIE!! I now shave all my facial hair regularly to combat the extra growth!

5. Sam Millus
    January 15, 2013 | 4:05 pm

I hear ya lady, I am experiencing adult acne, which is stupid cause I never had teenage acne. It’s my own personal cross to bear, but I’m managing. Most days

6. Carpool Goddess
    January 19, 2013 | 3:40 pm

I think the hair from my eyebrows moved to my chin. Lucky me!

7. Melissa Burton
    January 31, 2013 | 9:10 pm

Can I tell you how much that I love that you honestly wrote about that hair to the world?!? You rock!

I’ll jump on board and say I’ve noticed the old lady wrinkles starting in the cleavage area and wondering when I’m going to turn into Erica Kane with her turkey waddle neck!

I’ll say that I wanted to kill the stylist who asked if I wanted to blend “the silver” with color when I got my haircut last. Perhaps I need to start a relationship with the bottle. Thoughts for the future….